vUrbs Planning provides clients with integrated planning solutions that optimise environmental, social, cultural and economic outcomes.
We integrate our planning services with our other disciplines such as architecture, engineering, environment and surveying. This one-stop-shop service helps clients to find balanced solutions satisfying a diverse range of requirements, needs and interests.
In our experience, these outcomes meet planning tests and speed up the planning process.
The services we offer cover all aspects of regional and district planning throughout New Zealand – from early-stage project assessments to appeals in the Environment Court arising from applications for resource consent. Specific services include gaining planning approvals for land developments, subdivisions, roads, wastewater, stormwater and water transmission; assessing discharges to air, land and waterways against planning and environmental requirements; implementing changes and variations to local authority plans, policies and bylaws; and consulting with stakeholders including the general public and iwi groups.
Our approach is to seek early involvement in projects in order to get a good understanding of what clients are trying to achieve and to identify risks and opportunities. Armed with this information, we agree scope of work, budget and timelines.
In all projects, we recognise the need for responsible stewardship of urban, recreational and rural landscapes which often involves balancing economic development with environmental performance.
Values; approach; and sectors that include Infrastructure; Residential Development and Subdivision; Coastal Development; Commercial and Industrial Land Use; Indigenous Knowledge and Cultural Landscape)
- Principal Planner
- Chair, NZPI Aotearoa Pacific Practitioners Group Planning Consultant
- Independent Commissioner
Our office locations Aotearoa include:
- Tahuna (Queenstown)
- Tamaki Makaurau (Auckland)
- Mangawhai, and
- Waihopai (Invercargill).
Our Pacific Island project locations include:
- Cook Islands
- Samoa, and
Our memberships and affiliations include:
- New Zealand Planning Institute (NZPI) – Full member
- NZPI Papa Pounamu – Committee member
- NZPI Aotearoa Pacific Practitioners Group – Chair
- Amotai – association as a pacific practitioner and business
- International Association for Impact Assessment – Member
- Commonwealth Association of Planners – Member
- Pacific Island Planners Association – Member
- Resource Management Law Association – Member
- Prince2 Project Management
- International Association for Public Participation
- Eastern Regional Organisation for Planning and Housing